For me, as both a female and a trainer, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing a woman become empowered in her training, and then watching how this translates into her attitude towards the rest of her life.
What I want to highlight is that everybody's journey is not the same. Not only do we all have different goals, but we also have different genetics, hormones and lifestyles which means that we all respond differently to both training and nutrition. What works for your best mate won't necessarily work for you. Sometimes it just comes down to learning to listen to your body.
One of the most common conversations I have with clients is regarding scale weight versus how they look or feel. Do you want to fit into your fave pair of skinny jeans, or do you want to weigh less because sometimes these are mutually exclusive and require different strategies. I loved Pippa's testimonial because it highlights this struggle, and if you read on, you'll find out how she learnt to overcome it.
"Where do I start? At the start of the year I never thought I would end up here.
I’m a little bit of a control freak and stress head. When things aren’t going right I tend to run and lack hunger. I therefore lose body and muscle mass. I’m not a very large person but this tends to lead to me constantly having a toddler looking belly. That cute one that when you were little everyone would want to grab it. Now no more!
The last 8 weeks (and it wasn't all sunshine!);
- I’ve learnt how to control my stress levels and build muscle mass at the same time.
- More strength has meant a reduction of migraines and less repetitive strain issues from work.
- I have seen for myself that weight isn’t everything.
- I feel so much stronger and more energetic.
- I don’t feel like people are staring at me in the gym, as I now have a plan and know how to do it.
- I am so much more confident both in and out of my gym gear.
- I appreciate my body and what it can achieve.
This is only the beginning!!
Email me on email@example.com if you want to join the next round of the Transformation Challenge beginning 17th April.